Saturday 22 October 2016

Miniature Holders Kickstarter and Homemade Holder



I'm not sure if I have posted about this Kickstarter before.

The wooden holder has a split cork pressed into the opening which then grips the figure or figure base. The metal bar is used to steady the hand while sculpting or painting. For full details see this link. I supported this project at the Euro 28 level with extra or spare corks, but while I was waiting for delivery, I thought -

"I could make one", in fact two of these!

I used some china cocktail stick or tooth pick holders which were picked up in a charity shop for just £1.00 (for both) and some wine making 35mm cork bungs which I slit with a snap-off bladded knife.

I can report that they work fine, and being china I have even used them in the oven - something that I would not want to do with the wooden ones.


The Kickstarter has been very successful raising over Euro 227,000 of a Euro 5,000 goal. I think it's a great idea, but will hold off on a full review until after they have arrived and I have had chance to use them.

Tony

No comments: