Sunday 20 September 2015

Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett



I have just finished reading Raising Steam, the 40th Terry Pratchett Discworld novel and can confirm that the master has produced another winner.

I wrote earlier in the year of the passing of Terry and it seams rather strange to be reviewing a book when the author is no longer with us, but this is a great read, not quite as laugh out loud as some of his books, but a funny book never the less. The commentary on how technology is received (or not) is a brilliant satire on contemporary life and a worth while best seller.

I am aware of one more Terry Pratchett book - The Shepherd's Crown which has jumped straight in at No.1. I am expecting a copy as a Christmas present and will write a review when I have finished it.

The king is dead - long live the king.

Tony

1 comment:

Sander said...

I couldn't agree with you more! The Shepherd's Crown, IMHO, is worth the wait.