Sunday 26 July 2015

FURY



Last night Sue and I watched FURY with Brad Pitt. I had not read any of the reviews, just odd comments on various wargaming sites and settled down to a good watch.

OMG. You couldn't call it easy watching, with an intensity that I don't think I have seen in a film for some time. As we were watching on DVD, at least we could take a break half way through, I dread to think what effect this would have had in the cinema.

A very well made film, but be aware it is not light entertainment.

Tony

3 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

We watched this at the cinema with all its teeth chattering surround sound. I was more than happy to indulge in the Hollywood end as a respite from intensity of the rest of the film - a staggering piece of cinematography.

BigLee said...

I also saw it at the cinema. In my case it was a mid week afternoon showing so I was the only person in the auditorium. That meant I had no distractions from noisy patrons and could fully immerse myself in the deafening surround sound. The end is a bit 'Hollywood' but it is forgiveable because the rest of the film is so so good. The makers of the film went to exceptional lengths to include genuine equipment and vehicles in the film, including the worlds only running Tiger tank. But they also made an effort to include real experiences into the story. The result is an intensity and sincerity rarely seen on screen these days IMHO.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

You and me are on similar paths.... :o)

http://steve-the-wargamer.blogspot.com/2015/07/fury-review.html