Monday 1 June 2015

A Boche Dolmen for Pax Bochemannica



I should start this post by stating that it is my intention to have a Pax Bochemannica themed month. My aim is to have every Blog post this June to have something to do with this fantastic game. I should say that further details of S.P.Q.Orc/Pax Bochemannica are available here. Look out for details of a full re-launch later this month.

To start with and continuing my tradition of including a piece of scratch-built terrain as the first post of every month, here is a simple Boche Dolmen (which in this particular case has some obscene Noman graffiti).

Photo Two - The Dolmen was constructed from some stones found in the back garden and glued to a piece of 3mm plastic card with my Hot Glue gun. The groundwork has been built up from DAS modelling clay over a layer of uPVA glue.


Photo Three - In this image the capping stone is still loose.


Photo Four - I have refined the shape of the uprights with more DAS and added sieved sand and small stones to the base - these have again been added over dilute uPVA glue.


Photo Five - Once again the capping stone is still loose.


Photos Six and Seven - The base stone colour was built up over dark grey and highlighted with lighter grey.



Photo Eight - The groundwork has been painted Scorched Brown and highlighted with a Scorched Brown and Snakebite mix.


Photo Nine - I have also 'washed' the whole model with various coloured washes.


Photo Ten - I have added static grass to the base.


Photo Eleven - And clumped foliage to the capping stone and around the base of the upright stones.


Photo Twelve - Those pesky Nomans have added the odd piece of obscene graffiti to this Boche Dolmen. When the Boche learn to read I don't think they will be too pleased!

The graffiti was copied from some images I saw on the internet of Roman shield designs.


The model is 120mm x 110mm and 60mm tall.

It was a great deal of fun to make and was completed in a couple of days. Look out for more Boche Fun over the coming days.

Tony

3 comments:

MadWelshWizard said...

Huzzah! A cracking piece Tony! I too am really looking forward to the return of Pax Boche!

Craig

John Lambshead said...

We have one of those just up the road at the top of Bluebell Hill.

Phil said...

Love this! Creative and beautiful job...