Tuesday 15 July 2014

An Upturned Boat

Earlier this month, I 'blogged' that it was my intention to post details of some new terrain pieces I had finished during the Football World Cup. My intention was to post one new piece every month on the 1st of each month until I ran out. For full details go to this link.

The truth is that I have been a very 'busy boy' and as well as finishing a couple of articles for Craig Andrews over on Orcs in the Webbe, I have added to my terrain collection with even more models.

Here is one that was completed earlier this month. An upturned boat on wooden supports.


The boat model was from one of those part works (where you buy a magazine each month and build the model with pieces that are included - I think this one was HMS Victory). The boat is a metal casting that I have had in my Spares Box for ages.

I built the wooden supports from toffee apple sticks and mounted the model on to an oval of 3mm thick plastic card. The basket with old rags, is a 1/43rd metal casting intended for O Gauge model railway layouts. This work-in-progress shots shows the model finished and undercoated.


As stated earlier, I have used my spare time (down the shed and listening to Five Live - the BBC's sports radio station) to finish a whole batch of wargame terrain. This is just one of many.

I hope that you like it. More to come.

Tony

6 comments:

MarkG said...

That looks great Tony.

John Lambshead said...

Very imaginative.

Jay said...

Sweet! One could use this piece just about everywhere, in every time period--real or imagined.

Phil said...

I like it, great stuff!

M. C. Monkey-Dew said...

Well done. A very useful piece too.

MadWelshWizard said...

Another cracking piece of terrain Tony!

And yes, starting tomorrow, Orcs in the Webbe will be featuring a brand new Tony Harwood OITW exclusive article every week for a number of weeks.

There's some cracking things coming up including modelling masterclasses, an online build, a short story, and a couple of scenarios.

Stay tuned!

Craig Andrews
Editor
Orcs in the Webbe