Friday 21 March 2014

Dungeons & Dragons



I have recently purchased via e-bay a second-hand edition of the iconic Dungeons & Dragons red box started set. The box arrived earlier this week and I have had great fun in re-acquainting myself with this olde favourite. Now if only I could set up an adventure?

I have forgotten how much fun it is to imagine yourself adventuring in an underground tunnel, the anticipation and fear mixed with fun and adventure.

There are few modern rule sets that I have collected that have had such an effect, this is the sign of a true classic. Earlier this year, I posted that D&D is forty years old this year - a true landmark. For details of my earlier post/posts see this link and this link.

Even if I don't get around to writing of playing a D&D adventure the book has been great fun to re-read.

Tony

3 comments:

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

That sounds like a good journey to the past. ;-)

Cheers
Stefan

Steve h said...

a true classic! I never did graduate to AD&D and beyond

Millsy said...

Good to see someone else enjoying the old favs once again. We're playing a BECMI campaign right now and I'm just finishing off a short module. Care to playtest for me?