Wednesday 20 November 2013

Joccian War Haggis for Flintloque - part two

Part Two of this months On-Line Build, jumps straight to the fully painted, varnished and flocked stage as the work-in-progress shots were lost when my computer played up......................

Photo One - The 'Wee Little Beasties', all four of the mad little buggers. I have tried to vary the colour scheme on each of them, to give some variety and also identify different sub-species of Mad Aggis.


Photo Two - Broone and Ginger, reputedly the most fierce of the bunch.


Photo Three - Darge and Blondie. There are those that say Blondie is a girl, but as no one is willing to check, we will have to take this with a 'pinch of salt'.


Each War Haggis was mounted on to a 2p coin with the groundwork built up with Milliput. they were all painted over a Black undercoat and once the main fur colour had been applied, I used Citadel Washes to build up the depth. Detail painting was done with a No2 Rosemary & Co brush (my current brush of choice).

The War Haggis were first varnished with Wilko fast drying Gloss Varnish and then Galleria Matt Varnish. The simple static grass flocking was applied over uPVA glue.

Part one - Joccian War Haggis for Flintloque can be found by following this link.

Tony

7 comments:

BigLee said...

War Haggis...that concept is warped genius or I'm a ferret!

Michael Awdry said...

They are hugely entertaining and I love the fact that they are different colours - superb!

Phil said...

Original and very nice!

wiatrog said...

I'm a big fan of Rosemary & Co. brushes too. Curious what series you use. Thanks!

Tony said...

To Wiatrog,

I use Series 401 (size 2 and 3). I prefer the long handle option rather than the short handle.

Tony

Dannoc said...

fantastic - they brought a smile to my face (and that don't happen enough - according to the wife)!
585 ereduub

Rob Alderman said...

Perfect for Flintloque! :)

I will have to get myself some of these, and I have been eyeing the Rosemary and co. Brushes for a long time now... Now you have said that you use them, I will have to jump on the bandwagon!!!

Thanks again, keep it up!
Rob