Saturday 25 May 2013

"The Longhorn" The Stanley Steam Tank from Black Army Productions




Black Army Productions have recently released this resin model of The Stanley Steam Tank that served for a short time with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers during the last days of WW1. For full details go to this link.

The master for this model was constructed by me from my own plans based on some black and white images (see below). The model is now available for sale from Black Army Productions (link).

During planning and subsequent e-mail messages, I started to call it The Longhorn. This nick-name seems to have stuck! The model was built to a scale of 1/55th - 1/56th from dimensions listed on the wiki page. To the best of my knowledge there are no detailed scale plans available for this historic tank, however I feel I have captured the 'look' of this 50 ton monster. I can see it being a winner with Pulp and Alternative History gamers.

There is some controversy about a supposed flame-thrower turret mounted on the roof. Although mentioned in some reports I was not able to find one image showing its actual use or fitting. Further details can be found on this Lead Adventure message post here. In addition some Black Army Productions Facebook photos of the finished resin casting can be found here.


Images taken from the Black Army Productions web page.

Tony

No comments: