Thursday 8 March 2012

Gingerbread Mania - part three

My latest Masterclass Terrain Modelling article has just been uploaded onto the Barking Irons Online Blog. It details what must be one of the most unusual terrain modelling tutorials ever written, How to build a Gingerbread House for the Alternative Armies Game - Flintloque.

For more details go to my previous post here. Before I write any more, I want to thank both Gavin Syme and Craig Andrews for allowing me this little bit of indulgence and then featuring it as a Masterclass article on Barking Irons Online. I am sure that when this modelling article arrived on their computers they must have wondered just how far they could 'push' the zany appeal of Flintloque? 

Craig Andrews (editor - BIO) brought forward the inclusion of this article by a whole month to link in with the release of the the latest VLE or Very Limited Edition from AA.

Photo One - Shows the finished Gingerbread House, which will be featured on the Alternative Armies/Flintloque participation or Demo game at next months Salute 2012. It is my intention to attend Salute 2012. But at this moment I am still not able to confirm that I will be there.


Photo Two - shows the construction complete and awaiting a coat of paint. Full details of the build and painting can be found here.


I am not sure of the gaming worth of such a piece of terrain, but I can confirm that it was a great deal of fun to build and I can honestly say that I had more enjoyment building this model than any of my previous Masterclasses. It posed product and construction problems that I had to think hard about and overcome, sometimes not in an obvious way.  I hope that you like it.

Tony