Tuesday 14 June 2011

Modelling interlude

Some weeks ago my Wife and I were returning from a walk into town and I spied this unusual pebble on the path. When I picked it up, I had no idea how I would use it. It was the striped or striated shape that took my attention.

I have mounted it onto a small oval of 3mm thick plastic card and built-up the groundwork with Milliput. Once textured and painted I think it makes an attractive Dolmen or Standing Stone.

Photo Two - Shows the bare stone.

Photo Three - The finished Dolmen, ready for play. Painted in my usual colour scheme of Snakebite Leather from Games Workshop.

Tony

5 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Lovely job and the price is right too! Sometimes the simplest things make very satisfying projects.

Ray Rousell said...

Very effective!

Rob Alderman said...

Haha! I love it, only you would find something like that on the floor!
Cheers
Rob

DJ Kettlety said...

Very striking. Now you just need to take several more long walks to find the rest of the stone circle.

Anonymous said...

is that a model of 'the wife'?