Friday 5 November 2010

Remember, remember the 5th of November

This photo shows my own Flintloque inspired rocket troop. A modified Grendel resin casting, part of a set of two large rocket launchers and some converted Flintloque Orcs.

The rocket and launcher required a considerable amount of cleaning up and carving, as the single piece casting was missing any detail around the rocket nose cone. I also added some plastic card strapping and Green Stuff sculpting around the base. I do so like these older Grendel castings.

The Orcs are from the 1st Lifeguard Command (54002) with modified helmets and facing detail with the Officer a converted Connartist Rambler (54034).

I couldn't resist adding typical Games Workshop black and white chequer board designs to the rocket body! All other painting was with acrylics over a black basecoat. I feel it is suitably 'Black Powder' enough to work well with flintloque.

The photo shows my usual terrain basing technique of green dyed sawdust or Railway Modelling scatter over a Snakebite Leather base. The photo also shows how my Flintloque gaming table is covered in the same scatter.

I'm sure I have a fourth rocket-trooper somewhere! Light the blue touch paper and stand well back - BOOM!

Tony

No comments: